Getting married is one of the great milestones of life, which is why people find it so important to get everything just right. Even before the wedding itself, you will need to be engaged, which calls for a proposal ring.
Engagement or proposal rings come in a wide variety, and figuring out what to purchase might prove bewildering for the first-time buyer (as most buyers are). Well, we’re here to help. Let’s take a quick dive into the world of engagement ring selection, highlighting all the tips and knowledge you’ll need to make a final decision that will bring you endless joy.
Let’s get right into it.
1. Know Your Stuff
When it comes to making your selection from the vast array of rings available out there, it will be useful to examine what is referred to as the 4 C’s of engagement ring selection. These are defined as follows:
- Carats: This is the nit of weight used when referencing diamonds. Larger stones will have more carats and cost more relative to stones of similar quality of lesser carats.
- Clarity: The level of impurities found in a diamond determines its clarity and is a fundamental criterion used to determine its quality. The clearer a diamond, the more valuable it is.
- Cut: The angles and proportions of a diamond are what we refer to as its cut.
- Color: Many diamonds will have a slight hue or coloration. This characteristic is generally classified on a color scale that runs from colorless (D) to yellow (Z). In terms of value, the less color that a stone possesses, the more desirable and expensive it will be.
2. Set Your Budget in Advance
What you’re willing to spend on an engagement ring will depend on a host of factors, including your financial situation, preferences, style, and other personal variables. There are no hard rules here, and the good news is that high-quality rings are available at affordable prices, no matter what budget you are working with.
The importance of deciding how much you are willing to spend in advance is that you will not have to frustrate yourself looking at rings that you cannot afford and potentially falling to the temptation of spending more than is wise. It will make the process much faster and convenient for you.
3. Start Your Search Early
It’s always a good idea to start your proposal ring search at least two months before you intend to make your proposal. This will allow you plenty of time to have any customization, engraving, or resizing done. You might also feel the need to change your order once the ring arrives for whatever reason. The point is, you won’t have to rush anything if you start early.
4. Lifestyle Considerations
Before settling on a ring, take some time to think about your partner’s lifestyle and sense of style concerning jewelry. If your partner leads an active outdoor life, works a lot with their hands, or generally prefers minimalist designs for their jewelry, then a simple ring design will probably be best. It’s all about picking out a ring that they will be comfortable and happy wearing.
Some Ideas to Check Out
To give you an idea of what’s available on Amazon when it comes to proposal rings, here are a few examples you might want to check out:
- Round Cut 0.5 Carat with 0.63 Carat Twisting Infinity Diamond and Gold Engagement Ring
- Cushion-Cut 1.04 Carat White Gold Classic Engagement Ring
- 5/8 Carat Cushion Cut Halo Diamond Engagement Ring
- Princess-Cut 1.5 Carat Yellow Gold Engagement Ring
While the idea of shopping on Amazon for a proposal ring might seem somewhat outlandish, the reality is that it is a safe and convenient way to go about it. There is something for you if you know what you’re looking for, and most engagement ring retailers have solid return policies (30 days for most) in place in addition to offering complimentary resizing options.
Their rings come with certificates of authentication, and they are capable of carrying out customizations such as engraving. You will also enjoy the same quality at physical jewelry stores at much lower prices since online retailers have fewer overhead costs to deal with. Best of luck to you and happy shopping!